Thursday, May 6, 2010

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau




Lina Mayfleet and Doon  Harrow both live in the city of Ember. Ember is in the middle of darkness. People have tried to find their way out of ember but know one has found out and come back to Ember alive. People have been living in ember for many, many, many years but suddenly things seem to be falling apart- people are running out of light bulbs, some everyday foods are becoming hard to get, and the city keeps getting blackouts. Know one knows what to do and everyone is relying on the weird Governor who doesn't know how to fix this problem much more than a child. When Lina finds a weird box with paper inside it she calls Doon for help. Lina's little sister,Poppy, chewed up most of the paper but they think they know what it is. The start to call the paper The Instructions, and Lina and Doon think The Instructions will lead them out of Ember.


The book The City of Ember was a good book. The City of Ember was a easy read for me but it might be just right or hard for others. It was adventures and the author provided good details. It had a mix of all different emotions- during some parts I felt bad for someone or I  felt happy for a character. I was more interested in some parts than I was in others. Sometimes it lost my interest but most of the time it made me want to keep reading. I was a little wary when I first started the book because it is science fiction and I don't really like science fiction but it actually didn't seem like a lot of other science fiction book I read so I was happy about that. I cant wait to start the book that follows this one- The People of Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment