Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finally by Wendy Mass

Rory Swenson is your average 11 year old girl. She wishes on everything--birthday candles, eyelashes, everything She wishes she could get a cell phone, stay home alone, wear makeup, go to the mall with her best friend without an adult, get contact lenses and attend a boy-girl party. Every time she asks her parents when she will be able to do any of these things she always gets the same answer-- " When you twelve." Well, Rory is finally turns twelve and everything is looking good- but then she gets stuck in a drainpipe and everything turns worse from there.

I loved the book Finally!!! I felt like I could relate to how Rory was feeling. I am 11, too, and some of the things that she wishes for I wish for. Rory also has a little brother who gets annoying sometimes. I have two brothers and they get very annoying. When Rory got embarrassed I did too because I felt like I could connect with her. Wendy Mass gave good details so I felt like I was Rory while I was reading this book. In the summary I said that she got stuck in a drainpipe and everything turns worse from there. When everything gets worse I felt like that it wasn't very realistic. Bad things just kept happening and happening. That is the only problem I had with the book but other that that it was a good book. You should read it!!!!

1 comment: